The Marketing Director will develop, establish, execute and maintain marketing, advertising and promotional strategies to meet the organization’s objectives.
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, Exempt.
Duties will include:
- Oversee the Marketing for PFS and film festivals, supervising all Marketing personnel, developing the marketing plan, implementing marketing strategy, reviewing progress and reporting to Executive Director
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future projects
- Analyze customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
- Spearhead all promotional events and campaigns; conduct follow-up research to track effectiveness
- Develop pricing strategy within allocated budgets
- Review and collaborate on over-all Festival branding, and the selection of the Festival Image.
- Oversee the printing and distribution of all printed & physical materials
- Oversee any and all external advertising placements, in accordance with the Marketing Plan, both paid and in-kind.
- Collaborate on the development and supervise the content, management & maintenance of the PFS and related websites.
- Create and maintain a strong social media presence for PFS, its events and the PFS Theater at the Roxy
- Establish merchandising & promotional tools for PFS, its events and the PFS Theater at the Roxy; while further establishing pricing & marketing strategy for merchandising & promotional tools.
- Oversee the content for email blasts and target audience marketing campaigns.
- BS or BA Degree Required
- A minimum of 4-years experience in Marketing or Related Marketing Field
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies
- Technical marketing skills
- Proven experience in customer and market research
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
- Experience with relevant software applications
- Graphic Design experience preferred but not necessary
Please send cover letter and resume to Parinda Patel, Managing Director at email@example.com.
Serious inquiries only.
Internship Positions Available – Spring 2014, Summer 2014, Fall 2014
The Philadelphia Film Society is in search of interns that will help in all areas of the organization during 3 semester-long programs in 2014.
Hours: 2-3 days a week, flexible hours. All interns must commit up to 3 evenings a month to assist staff when hosting events, festivals and/or film screenings.
Start: January 2014, May 2014, September 2014
Interns will be placed in various areas of the organization, based on skill set:
Marketing, Advertising & Sales
Membership & Development
Events & Operations
Education & Outreach
Media & Public Relations
Please send cover letter and resume to Parinda Patel, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an unpaid volunteer position (start date negotiable).
Service Staff Positions Needed
The PFS Theater at the Roxy is now accepting applications for service staff positions. As Philadelphia’s newest movie theater we will be offering the best in independent and repertory film programming. As a member of our service staff you need to be exceptional in customer service, knowledgeable in film and able to make the movie-going experience for our patrons a memorable one.
Hours: Varies. All applicants must be available to work weekends and holidays in addition to weekday afternoon and evening shifts.
- Speed and accuracy with handling ticket, membership and concession stand funds and stock.
- Superior customer service skills displaying the desire to “go the extra mile” for our patrons.
- Ability to multi-task with theater job duties on both down and peak times.
- Computer skills in working on a POS terminal.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs and to move stock to storage areas.
- Previous experience in a customer service retail environment is necessary.
- Prior work in an art house movie theater is a plus.
Please send resume to Alison Silverman at email@example.com
Serious inquiries only.