Under the direction of the Managing Director, the Marketing Manager will assist with the development and implementation of a strategic marketing and outreach plan to build awareness of PFS, the PFS Roxy Theater, carry out its mission, and attract new constituents and audiences.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Manager (as they relate to the organization’s goals) include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with all departments to produce an annual communications calendar that prioritizes messaging and establishes marketing initiatives for the year
- Strategize concepts for a marketing and advertising plan to promote PFS’ mission and programs to the widest possible audience
- Coordinate and maintain all marketing efforts, including online event listings, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog, and website) and traditional media (newspaper, radio, and print materials)
- Contribute promotional content to all marketing materials, with the assistance of outside vendors and designers when appropriate
- Manage email messaging initiatives via bi-weekly and monthly newsletter contact
- Identify and expand community partnerships through coordination of networking opportunities, community presentations, research and shared data projects
- Maintain and update hard copy and computer files of all completed marketing projects
- Maintain inventory of promotional materials (i.e., brochures, flyers, giveaways, etc.)
- Maintain PFS’ communications calendar and research new marketing ideas as appropriate
- Coordinate the design and implementation of advertising campaigns
- Manage graphic designers, marketing coordinators and interns.
Film Festival Marketing
- Create, manage and implement the communication and promotional plan for the annual Philadelphia Film Festival
- Facilitate media partnerships and advertising purchases in advance of and during the Festival
- Manage the development of marketing support materials to assist staff in sales and promotion efforts before and during the Film Festival
- Provide steady reporting on marketing efforts to coincide with increased sales projections.
- Meet or exceed annual marketing goals
- Work within the approved marketing budget
- Maintain the annual communications calendar
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, public policy, English or a related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience marketing multi-day events and/or live events is strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes and a results-oriented culture
- Adequate experience in the marketing and public relations field
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter
- Working knowledge of Adobe Design software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) preferred
- Ability to develop and analyze reports
- Experience working with direct mail and design companies
- Strong interpersonal, administration and management skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary
Internship Positions Available – January – May 2015
The Philadelphia Film Society is in search of interns that will help in all areas of the organization during the spring semester programs in 2015.
Hours: 16-24 hours a week. All interns must commit up to 3 evenings a month to assist staff when hosting events, festivals and/or film screenings.
Start: January 2015
Interns will be placed in various areas of the organization, based on skill set:
Membership & Development
• Assist with planning and coordination of weekly member-related film events.
• Generate accurate and timely thank you letters and other correspondence.
• Continually update and maintain database records
• Assist with additional database projects as needed.
• Assist with coordination of annual giving appeals and membership renewals.
Education & Outreach
• Assist with preparation of promotional materials, curriculum, teaching resources, and interpretive guides for year-round film programs
• Maintaining outreach and partnership databases
• Assisting in data tracking and program evaluation other education-related events.
• Coordinating and managing eduation and special program-related events.
• Performing additional clerical duties as needed.
Marketing & Public Relations
• Develop niche media lists and update database
• Update event listings on various community calendars
• Write and proofread web and blog copy
• Assist with social media efforts
• Draft and maintain monthly e-newsletter
• Assist PR and Marketing teams as needed