HAYAO MIYAZAKI | JAPAN | 2008 | 101 MIN | G | JAPANESE
A gentle illustration of a profound story of love between a 5 year old boy and the young goldfish he transforms into a girl with unexpected mystical consequences in Hayao Miyazaki’s vibrant animated epic.
Cast: Yuria Nara, Hiroki Doi, Tomoko Yamaguchi
Part of the Family Matinees Series
Welcoming children and caregivers to experience kid-friendly classics both new and old. Arrive early for family-friendly fun before the movie! Activities begin 1 hour before the screening.
Sensory Friendly Screening
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 23 | 10:00 AM
A screening where the lights are up, the sound is down, and patrons are invited to respond to the film in whatever way feels best for their bodies and minds! See below for more details.
PFS’ Relaxed Screening Approach: PFS is proud to offer a variety of enhancements to create a sensory friendly, relaxed screening experience for any patrons who may benefit from the opportunity to enjoy an altered theatrical setting. These are film screenings where the lights are up, the sound is down, and patrons are invited to respond to the film both vocally and physically–in whatever way feels best for their bodies and minds!
Enhancements Provided –
● Welcome Board for patrons to identify PFS Staff Members
● Earplugs will be available
● Lowered audio levels
● House lights remain on at a dimmed level
● Patrons are welcome to get up, move around, and vocalize during the screening
● A Quiet Space will be provided in the lobby for individuals in need of a reprieve
● Pre-screening activities will be provided, and at the start of the film moved to the Quiet Space for those who wish to participate during the screening
● Pre-film Welcome Packet is available upon request
We also invite our patrons to bring items such as fidget/handheld manipulatives, noise-canceling headphones, stress sensory toys, or other devices needed in order to feel comfortable and safe during the screening.