PFS is more than a movie theater.
We are a nonprofit organization that inspires, educates, challenges, and entertains through cinematic experiences year-round. Your philanthropic support enables the Film Society to present both curated and first-run programming at the Philadelphia Film Center, PFS Bourse Theater, and PFS East Theater. It also makes our education and community programs possible, including:
– Cinemaniacs, providing after-school film and media studies programs for teenagers
– Community Screenings, offering free monthly films curated in partnership with Philadelphia arts and advocacy organizations
– Field Trips, using groundbreaking films to ignite important discussions about art, justice, and social change
– Movies on the Block, bringing free films to neighborhoods across Philadelphia paired with interactive activities, performances, educational demonstrations, and more
– Filmmaking Residencies, creating film programming with partner organizations and schools to serve the specific needs of their communities
– PFS on US, distributing free tickets for screenings to nonprofit organizations, arts and cultural groups, universities, and Philadelphia’s general public
Please consider supporting these, and the many other cinematic experiences presented in your theaters, your community, and your schools. Without your support, none of this is possible.